lichess.org
Donate

Registration for Season 12 Crazyhouse Spring League 2024 now open!

Hello everybody!
We are pleased to announce that the new 12th season of the Crazyhouse League kicks off on April 3

The Crazyhouse League will be a Swiss event between teams. If the teams number 6 or fewer as usually the case, then it will be a round robin so you will face every other player on your board. You will play one match each week consisting of 2 games, one as White and one as Black. Your team score will be the sum of game scores. The winning team will score 2 points, the drawing team 1 point and the losing team 0 points. Individual game points will only be used in case of a tie at the end of the season.
The league is a team league since Season 4. If you indicate in advance that you are unavailable one week, an alternate will be drafted in for you. This should ideally be done by the start of the week (Wednesday). Only if no alternate can be found will the match be drawn. Teams will be selected, either manually by the crazyhouse mod team or by a selection procedure by the players themselves, depending on the choice of selection that season.

Registration is open beginning March 11 and will close April 2.

To be eligible as a player, you must have a Lichess account with an established (non-provisional) crazyhouse rating and 50 games played at least. Players with provisional ratings are asked to get their rating established as soon as possible.
Also you must have your Crazyhouse rating above 1700.

Please register in this forum by responding with "I am in".
The league is expected to finish by middle-end of September so make sure that you can be able to play all the season.
You can register as a full-time player or as an alternate.

On April 3 we will begin to form teams. We will also choose a team of organisers and team captains. Week 1 will begin on April 10. Time control is 4+4 on board 1, 5+5 on board 2, 6+6 on board 3, 7+7 on board 4, 8+8 on board 5

The League moderators are currently @the_Crocodile_Hunter and @MarlonC.
You can reach the moderators by making a post in this thread or by direct message.

WBr,
Croc
Would love to have taken part, but unfortunately, I am too low-rated, got excited when I saw the message, then disappointed, but gl & hf everyone anyway!
@QueenRosieMary said in #5:
> Would love to have taken part, but unfortunately, I am too low-rated, got excited when I saw the message, then disappointed, but gl & hf everyone anyway!

You still have plenty of time to improve your rating.
In any case, we will keep you in mind when we form teams
@the_Crocodile_Hunter said in #7:
> You still have plenty of time to improve your rating.
> In any case, we will keep you in mind when we form teams

Thank you! I need to improve by over 135 points in 4 weeks with an RD of 45.00. It's a big ask and I can only do my best. But I wonder why you have this rating limitation in the first place. Are you trying you discourage new players and learners? (you have succeded in discouraging me btw, I feel pretty crappy now)
I'm not sure I understand when the games are actually being played. If it's midnight on a Thursday for instance, there is no chance I will be able to play.

Join the Lichess Crazyhouse team, to post in this forum